Planning Board – Short Term Rentals subcommittee
Monday, July 10, 2017 — 1:30 p.m. Lenox Town Hall – Room TBD (check glass case with all meeting notices)
Meeting of the Short Term Rentals subcommittee, whose goals include exploring the issue of non-owner occupied Short Term Rentals, the rental period currently allowed for all Short Term Rentals, and other related issues. (“Short Term Rentals” (STRs) is the term for transient tourist rentals less than 30 days typically booked via such sites as AirBnB, VRBO, HomeAway, FlipKey, etc.)
- Minutes — Approve minutes for June 29 meeting
- Citizens’ Open Forum — Note, citizens also may ask to comment after a particular agenda item, with the approval of the chair, time permitting
- Stockbridge participation — Explain participation of Stockbridge Planning Board/citizen members.
- “Enforcement” including of non-owner occupied rentals and other compliance issues — Clarify that role of this subcommittee and of Planning Board does not include enforcement. Update on feedback from Town Hall on this issue.
- 2014 Town Attorney memo — Review and discuss opinion letter from Town Attorney memo from 2014
- Building Commissioner meeting update — Update on July 6 meeting with Building Commissioner B.J. Church to learn what Massachusetts building code requirements are required for non-owner occupied Short Term Rentals.
- Review and vote on minutes if they are prepared in time. Minutes: DRAFT minutes July 6 Short Term Rentals meeting
- Review “listening” document draft — for use when gathering input from stakeholders.
- PK still working on this – will post as soon as it’s done or bring to meeting
- Next steps — Discuss next steps in plan including launch of listening tour if materials are ready.
- Communications — Discuss communications plan including first draft of website, if prepared in time.
- Agenda – July 17 — Discuss agenda for next meeting, Monday, July 17, at 1:30 p.m.