TOWN OF LENOX
6 Walker Street│ Lenox │Massachusetts │01240
MEETING AGENDA [8-29-2017 Agenda Printable PDF]
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Location: Land Use Room, Town Hall
1. Minutes — Review and vote on minutes for Aug. 8 and Aug. 22, 2017 meeting.
2. Citizen Open Forum — Citizens may request to speak on any topic or as part of the Board’s discussion of a particular agenda item, with approval of the chair.
3. Review conceptual plan for project at 241 Walker Street — [Rescheduled from 8/22 meeting, which was cancelled; pending confirmation of attendance.] LD Builders is proposing a project 241 Walker Street under the Zoning Bylaw’s Open Space and Flexible Development Overlay District (Section 9.7). The Special Permit Granting Authority for this is the Planning Board. They would like to attend the August 22nd Planning Board meeting to informally present their conceptual plan, as suggested in some of the guidance documents.
4. Housing Production Plan — Review and possibly vote on acceptance of Housing Production Plan
- Complete Plan
- Two-Page Highlights
- PJK calculation of market-available housing
- PB Aug 22 Affordable Housing Goals Strategies Actions in One Table
- Strategies and Tools for the Support and Production of Aff
5. Discuss findings and annotate recommendations from Aug. 8 walking tour of Lenox Village potential parking plan improvements — Continuing the discussion and review from July 11, July 25 and Aug. 8, discuss and annotate Planning Board recommendations for improvements to Lenox Village parking; decide how to move forward with improvement plan recommendations. To include: (1) proposed interior walking path, (2) proposed “master lot”, and (3) view and discuss other potential sites for more parking.
- Initial notes on items discussed during walk 8-8-2017
- 1909 design of Main Street parking, historic blueline provided for review by Cornelia Gilder
- Members: Please bring copies of the documents we used on the walk to the meeting.
6. Lenox Dale review — Review and discuss memo on findings and recommendations from Lenox Dale research and discuss/decide next steps.
7. Info on Other Meetings:
- Update on Meeting with Town Manager – Report on chair’s meeting with Town Manager — Discuss timeline leading up to possible early November Town meeting and review/begin to plan for potential warrant items that Planning Board may complete by that deadline. (PK)
- BRPC — Update on July 27 meeting (PK)
- Recreational Marijuana — BRPC has confirmed a countywide information session for 6 p.m. Aug. 31 at Lenox Town Hall.
- Recreational Marijuana Workshop — Printable PDF Brochure
Registration required here: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/shannon-zaleski-11846803164
- Short Term Rentals subcommittee — Resumes on Sept. 11, after August break (PK/DR)
8. Next meeting: Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Discuss tentative agenda items